Thursday, April 1, 2010

Makeup I'm Going To Wear


I'm going to do my own wedding make-up. I'm no makeup professional. I wear minimal makeup on a daily basis. So my friends are telling me that I'm crazy trying to do my own wedding makeup. Well, but I want to save money. In Hong Kong, I can get a professional from Mainland China to do a photo-friendly make up just like the one shown on this picture for $120 (with the makeup artist at my side all day, giving me frequent touch up, making sure my makeup looks perfect and shine free. She can even help carrying my stuff and just helping around at the wedding, that's the makeup artist we had at my sister's wedding... and all my friends' weddings....).

But in America, it' hard to hire a good makeup artist at an affordable price. Having a makeup artists to follow a bride around, giving touch up frequently is unheard of..... Even if I am willing to pay the high price for a makeup artist, I mostly get ones who don't have good artistic eye and who can't really make me up beautifully (I always showed them pictures like this and my own made up pictures at my friends' weddings in Hong Kong and China, the makeup artists here just couldn't replicate the look, I just don't understand them!), the make up artist here made me look aweful. Their skills are horrible compared to the ones in Mainland China... I looked better with my own daily casual work make up than having one that was done by an expensive American makeup artist. Either they are just not used to making up Asian women... or they just don't have the brain, the eye or talent. I don't know which is which.... I had tried many American makeup artists before for New Year and Christmas formal parties... But they all made me mad... I pulled out the photos I have in America and the photos I have in weddings back in Hong Kong (I looked gorgeous and matt like the above picture, but I looked horrible like a Chinese comic character in the Christmas party pictures I took here...)

So I will do my own make up on my wedding day... I don't think it's going to be worse than all the expensive American makeup artists I had before.

May be I just don't know where to find a good make-up artist here in the U.S. You guys have any good referrals???

No comments:

Post a Comment